How to Visit the Library during ASC
To visit, check in with your ASC teacher first, then come to the library. You do not need a pass from your ASC teacher and you do not need to sign up in the morning in the library anymore!
When you arrive to the library, sign in using the QR code at the entrance (you can also use a desktop library computer to sign in if you don't have a smartphone). You'll either need a QR code reader or the most recent iPhone update. Fun fact for the new iOS, if you hover over a QR code with the photo app it will read the QR code without an additional app (similar to Snapchat snapcode).
All students who visit the library must check in and check out using the library travel log. Students are not permitted to visit if the librarian is not present.
Access to books, databases, & magazines; access to Hoopla and other eMaterials, research assistance; citation guidance; application expertise; first-level technology assistance; craft and project materials; access to our makerspace/conference space (with a reservation); tutoring space; presentation space (great for practicing); reading recommendations; book club; social media accounts promoting opportunities for teens (@volpereads on Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram; we also have a Facebook page); etc!
- I'm not grading you. I'm here to help. I won't judge you if you procrastinated, if you "didn't read the whole book," or if you don't know how to begin research. I'll only work that much harder to help you succeed.
- You can contact me whenever you'd like. I'm really responsive to emails and Google Chat/Hangouts. My email is email@example.com.
- The library is your space- respect the books, respect the furniture, respect yourself, and respect all others. Also, please don't move furniture around. It's a pet peeve of mine.
- The library is a place to study, to read, and to collaborate (but not to co-blab-erate) with your peers. You can talk but please use an in-the-library voice.
- Tentatively, food and beverages are permitted, so long as everyone continues to clean up after themselves. If it becomes an issue, we'll have to take away this privilege (which I don't want to do!).
- If I am not in the library, the library is closed. You should head back to ASC. If you are found in the library unsupervised you will be written up (again, I don't want to do this, so make the right decision).
- You may use your devices to listen to music at a reasonable volume. If I can hear it- it's too loud.
- The library is typically open from 7:30-2:05 Monday - Friday. We are not open before or after school. I usually keep this calendar fairly up-to-date if you want to check for availability.